ERN is proud to announce that we have joined the Bridge Alliance, a coalition of ~100 organizations working together to promote healthy self-governance in our democratic republic. This group of allies works across and outside of established ideological boundaries to support the democracy ecosystem.
This move reaffirms a key tenet of ERN’s theory of systemic change: that lasting and trusted reforms to our democracy are best designed with the input and buy-in of stakeholders across the ideological spectrum. The list of member organizations includes many with the goal of uniting a divided country through recognition of common ideals.
Members of the Bridge Alliance adhere to the five key principles, which ERN is pleased to endorse:
(1) Embracing Our Differences: We recognize that the richness of the American identity is due to our ability to accept our differences and embrace our cultural, ethnic, racial, and political diversity with dignity.
(2) Collaboration: Our country is stronger when we work together constructively to meet the challenges we face.
(3) Citizen Voice: Our country is well represented when informed citizens are active in the political and social processes.
(4) Solutions: Genuine, good faith problem-solving will lead to the best solutions to address our great challenges.
(5) Open-mindedness: We explore and learn from each other, seeking aligned efforts to raise visibility and effectiveness.